Pesto. It’s healthy. It’s raw. We’re going to make it vegan. It’s really easy – I’ve been making it a lot lately. All you need is food processor. You don’t need to be exact with any of the ingredients – it’s very forgiving. Don’t worry, it’ll be delicious.
- 2 packed cups of fresh basil (which happens to be the amount batches of fresh basil are sold in at grocery stores and farmer’s markets here)
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup grape seed oil (if you don’t have any, just put more olive oil)
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 3-6 cloves of garlic
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- salt to taste
- (optional) El Tapatio or cayenne pepper to taste
If you can’t handle a little spice, lay off the hot sauce, pepper, and don’t put too much garlic.
- Put all the ingredients into the food processor, and puree.
That’s it. Goes well with a pound of pasta.